Rottweeler Information

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Iron Butterfly - Results from Kate


Results:  Iron Butterfly
May 22, temp. 82 degress F  winds 15-20 , 27% humidity
  
The Rottweelers welcomed two new riders on a perfect evening for riding:
  • not too hot, not too cold,
  • not too humid,
  • tail winds only,
  • no gnats for the post-race chatter,
  • no one caught by the police for failure to stop, and
  • everyone followed the course to perfection
Debate and consternation followed posting of the results when it was found there was a potential tie for second place.   The calibration of timing mechanisms was reviewed with less than conclusive outcome.  Race committee determined that ties for Iron Butterfly go oldest.

1. Scott      24.23
2. John B    25.01
3. Steve      25.01
4. Andrea    26.42
5. John C    26.45
6. Ed          27.38
7. Jim         28.26
8. John H.   28.38
9. Dan K.    30:15
10. Kate       35.05


Dan Klima report

Arriving after the true Rotts had finished, I decided to renew my fond memories of Iron Butterfly torture.  For the warm-up, John H. took me on a grueling 13 mile romp through the park trail system, often reaching speeds of 15 mph.  After a short breather, I straddled the Plastic Pony and headed off into the still gusting wind.

Thanks to the Tuesday Night TT guys, I was able to get passed twice on Co 24 to add to the realism of an actual Rott Ride.  Seeing photographers and the Medina Police stopping traffic brought me back to reality.  Figuring the MedCops were busy, I blew through the stop sign, saving precious seconds.

As I turned the corner to the Two Saints Cemetery, I felt inclined to look for open grave sites.  Not seeing any within sight of the road, I kept going.  Topping Brown’s Mound made me think of circling back to the cemetery and doing a more thorough search.

The rest of the ride was less notable, mostly because I was so focused on air deprivation.  After all that fun, my final time was 30:15 (sorry Kate).

See ya’ll later, maybe….

Danny Boy




Editors notes:
  • Had Craig and Pat shown up team Cheerios with their new recruits could likely have ended their victory drought.   As it was they were once again drubbed 30-25.




No comments:

Post a Comment